SCI Canada / Economics and Business Management
The UK-based Society for Chemical Industry (SCI)’s SCI Canada Section and the Chemical Institute of Canada’s Economics and Business Management Division have merged to become SCI Canada, the business forum of the CIC.
The new forum expands on the SCI’s “where science meets business” mandate, by enhancing connections between industry and chemical science and engineering professionals. The forum is also an opportunity for SCI Canada to connect with CIC members from across the country, and to build on the traditional awards program run by SCI Canada.
- The forum rewards excellence in the field of chemistry and the chemical industry by presenting awards to industry and academic leaders for outstanding achievements they have made in business development.
- The forum recognizes the highest performing graduating undergraduate students each year in biochemistry, chemical engineering and chemistry from universities across Canada.
- The forum organizes and promotes industrial symposia at the CIC’s conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- The forum promotes business focused articles for ACCN the Canadian Chemical News and other publications.
- The forum provides networking opportunities between research and industry.
- The forum runs an Annual CIC/SCI Canada Awards Banquet in recognition of those who have made outstanding contributions to the chemical industry.
- The forum organizes an annual Green, Clean and Sustainable Chemistry Seminar series which precedes the CIC/SCI Canada Awards Banquet.
Chairman: David Beckman
Treasurer: Andres Pugi
Awards Chair: Graham Knowles
CIC Representative: Roland Andersson
CIC E&BM Division: Beatrice Ngathcha
SCI UK Representative:Derek Heywood
Member at Large – Industry: Bernard West
Industry (CIAC): John Blachford
Industry (CropLife)): Pierre Petelle
Member at Large – Academia: Jim Smith