Vancouver Island CIC
Vancouver Island Local Section of the Chemical Institute of Canada
Who we are:
The Vancouver Island Local Section of the Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC-VI) brings together students, researchers, and individuals from the chemical industry on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. The purpose of the Local Sections of the Chemical Institute of Canada is to bring together individuals who live, work or study in the same region and who share an interest in the chemical sciences and engineering, in order to create networking opportunities and to encourage productive sharing of ideas.
Our goal is to create venues for scientific exchange, opportunities for students to present their work, and a forum for recognizing achievements in the chemical disciplines on Vancouver Island.
What we do:
- We organize a summer BBQ;
- We hold a student awards night;
- We run a student symposium;
- We organize a crystal growing competition;
- We participate in the judging of the Vancouver Island Regional Science Fair;
- We hold an annual general meeting and banquet.
How Can You Be Involved?
To become a member of the Vancouver Island CIC Local Section, simply fill out your application for membership in the Chemical Institute of Canada and you will be assigned a Local Section based on your address.
- CIC Vancouver Island Student Symposium
- Hydrocarbons in the Environment, Symposium, June 8, 2012 (Vancouver Island University)
If you have questions, you can contact:
Chair of the Vancouver Island CIC Local Section
Assistant Professor of Chemistry University of Victoria