Reduce the likelihood and consequences of process-related incidents and improve performance through the understanding and application of process safety management.
The purpose of the Division, in supporting its mission shall be to:
- promote awareness, understanding and use of process safety management (PSM) tools, services and techniques within Canadian facilities including manufacturing and distribution operations, universities, research facilities, and laboratories;
- encourage a regulatory climate and practice which represents sound PSM;
- further the advancement of and development of PSM ideas, theorems, tools, services and techniques;
- foster PSM in chemical and related engineering, science and management education and professional development;
- monitor implementation and effectiveness of PSM to identify gaps in knowledge or application and facilitate and encourage appropriate corrective action;
- arrange administration of the division for support of the above.