Risk Assessment Course
2013 course date to be announced soon.
The Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) and the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering (CSChE) are presenting a two-day course designed to enhance the knowledge and working experience of safety, environmental and process safety professionals. This course is geared to those whose responsibilities include: risk assessment, development of management systems, and providing advice to decision makers. The learning objective is to reach a thorough understanding of integrated risk assessment and management principles and techniques. During the course, participants will be provided with a broad overview of the technical tools available to assess risk in industrial environments and shown how these tools fit in the broader risk management process.
Ertugrul Alp, PhD, PEng, MCIC, principal, Alp Associates Incorporated, has over 30 years experience in assessment and management of risks to environment, health, safety, property and reputation. His experience covers a number of industrial sectors including: chemical, energy, pulp and paper, mining, steel, transportation, and government.
- Major Historical Accidents in Process Industries
- Risk Concepts: How to Estimate Risk and Evaluate it’s Acceptability
- Integrated Risk Management: Success Factors for High Performance
- Risk Management Process
- Techniques for Risk Analysis
- Qualitative Techniques: Hazard Identification with Hands-on Applications
- Index Methods
- SVA, LOPA
- Quantitative Techniques: Frequency and Consequences
- Fault and Event Trees
- Fire, Explosion, Dispersion Modeling
- Damage/Vulnerability Modeling
- Risk Estimation and Risk Presentation
- Risk Evaluation and Decision-Making
- Risk Cost Benefit Analysis
- Elements of Process Safety Management with Reference to US OSHA PSM Regulations
- Emergency Management with Reference to Environment Canada Legislation
- Land Use Planning
- Risk Monitoring
- Stakeholder Participation
- Summary and Conclusion
CIC Members save a significant amount on course registration fees.
Benefits of your membership to the CIC include:
- Savings on conferences and discounted rates on other courses, workshops and seminars
- Career Services – Search for jobs online, post your resume, gain access to our chemical sciences employers list (1500+), attend career fairs and more
- Receive Canadian Chemical News (ACCN) Canada’s leading magazine for chemical professionals. Published 10 times yearly by the Chemical Institute of Canada, it presents the worlds of chemistry and chemical engineering from a Canadian perspective — from exciting new scientific discoveries to industrial innovations and their impact on our daily lives.
- Discounted subscription rates to journals, books and electronic publications.
- Member Directory - Find colleagues who are also CIC members.
- Awards – Be eligible to have your achievements recognized through our many distinguished awards and scholarships.
- Outreach - be part of a strong community of scientists in Canada — a community that will help build the next generations of chemists, chemical engineers and chemical technologists.
- Opportunities to establish career networking contacts within academia, industry and government at both local and national scales.
- Group rate Insurance Discounts – Get discounts on home, auto, life, accident protection and disability insurance from TD Insurance Meloche Monnex and Manulife Financial.