Judging and Prizes
Judging of the contest will be carried out by an external panel (to be decided January 2011).
Videos will be reviewed and evaluated using a predetermined set of criteria.
- View the official judging documents
- Videos are encouraged to be fun, creative and educational
- Videos must be branded with the IYC logo
- Videos must be three minutes or less
- Videos must follow the theme “Chemistry – our life, our future,” under the following topics:
- benefits of chemistry in everyday life;
- contributions of a recognized chemist; or
- the busting of a commonly held myth
- Comments posted by viewers and number of viewings will also be considered in the judging process
- Videos must comply with Contest Rules Regulations, YouTube Terms of Service and agree with Format and Content Guidelines
1st Prize: $2,500
2nd Prize: $1,000
3rd Prize: $500
Third prize will be awarded for the most creative submission.
Monetary prizes will be put toward further education of the winners.
All prizes will be awarded in Canadian dollars.
Prize money will be distributed equally among participants who submit entries in groups.