Process Safety Management Subject Division
of the Canadian Society of Chemical Engineering (CSChE)
Who we are:
The Process Safety Management Subject (PSM) Division of the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering is a national network of volunteers with a particular interest in the field of Process Safety Management. The purpose of the Subject Divisions of the Chemical Institute of Canada and it’s Constituent Societies is to bring together individuals with common areas of interest and expertise, in order to create networking opportunities and to encourage productive sharing of ideas.
What we do:
- We promote awareness, understanding and use of Process Safety Management (PSM) tools.
- We influence and encourage a public policy framework that incorporates sound PSM principles.
- We further the advancement and development of PSM ideas, theorems, tools, services and techniques.
- We foster PSM in chemical and related engineering, technical, science and management education and professional development.
- We monitor PSM metrics to identify gaps in PSM knowledge or application and facilitate and encourage appropriate correction action.
How Can You Be Involved?
To become a member of the Process Safety Management Division, simply select the Division on your application for membership in the Chemical Institute of Canada.
The Process Safety Management division holds three executive meetings per year across Canada which are open to all stakeholders in industry, academia and the public. Please check the events section for details.