Who we are:
The Chemical Institute of Canada (CIC) is the national, not-for-profit, umbrella organization that encompasses the Canadian Society for Chemistry (CSC), the Canadian Society for Chemical Engineering (CSChE) and the Canadian Society for Chemical Technology (CSCT). We are governed and funded by our membership.
What we do:
- We create valuable networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities through annual conferences, Subject Divisions and Local Sections;
- We provide career enhancement opportunities and professional development;
- We establish and strengthen links between academic, industrial and government chemical scientists, engineers and technologists;
- We lobby the federal, provincial and territorial governments on behalf of our members regarding research funding and leadership as well as regulatory affairs;
- We take a public position on important issues as the national voice for the chemistry-related fields;
- We recognize significant individual and organizational contributions through an extensive awards program;
- We advance the public’s understanding and appreciation of the chemical sciences, engineering and technology;
- We publish the Canadian Chemical News, Canada's only magazine devoted to the chemical sciences.